Calendar of Genealogy Events in Australia:
Would you like to add a new entry to this page? Would you also delete any information about past events? To do so, click on edit this page above.
All URLs should start with "http://" (without the quotes). Want to learn more about how to add or edit pages in this calendar? Click here.
7–8 Oct 2016, at Immanuel College, Novar Gardens SA
Adelaide, South Australia, 25 May 2016
History and genealogy company, Unlock the Past, invites all history, heritage and genealogy enthusiasts to attend its 8th history & genealogy expo. It will be held in Adelaide over two days, Friday and Saturday 7–8 Oct 2016, at Immanuel College, Novar Gardens SA.
The 2016 expo is the first ever national expo in Australia. It will appeal to anyone interested in family, local and social history and heritage in South Australia especially, but to all Australians.
It is a unique opportunity to see many societies, libraries and commercial product and service suppliers in one place and to learn from the presentations offered. The exhibition will feature about 70 exhibitors from several states covering a wide range of history, heritage and genealogy interests. Hear 30 expert presenters from five states and New Zealand. The expo is also an opportunity to mingle and network with other like- minded attendees and people who have been working in the industry for many years.
We are fortunate to have two eminent historians to head our extensive program of presentations. Professor Philip Payton is a leading international authority on Cornish history, the Cornish in Australia, Cornish emigration and Australia and the First World War. Dr Tom Lewis, OAM, is an Australian author, military historian, editor, and former naval officer. A further 30 others, many recognised nationally and internationally, will add to the program which will feature
- 12 main theatre feature presentations
- 25 classroom presentations
- 50 short FREE mini-theatre product demos, tutorials, etc.
Other features include one-on-one consultations with experts, special offers from some exhibitors and over $2000 in prizes from expo exhibitors and sponsors.
Pre-booking will be encouraged with extra benefits, but expo entry and talk bookings (if not booked out) will be available on the day as well.
“We have organised seven previous expos and over 90 other events in all eight Australian states and territories and some overseas. This expo will be our largest event. With a large number and variety of exhibitors and a wide ranging program of presentations by some of the leading presenters in the history, genealogy and heritage fields in Australia and New Zealand, it should be something special for all Australians with history, genealogy and heritage interests” – Alan Phillips, Unlock the Past
“Attending family history expos is an excellent way to hear fantastic speakers in the one venue plus visit and talk with a range of vendors, purchase books and other genealogy resources as well as meet other family history enthusiasts or catch up with old friends. A two day event makes it just like a conference and worth any travel and accommodation if you don't live in Adelaide. Who can resist a one stop genealogy experience?
– Shauna Hicks, historian, genealogist, speaker and author – and impetus for the launch of Unlock the Past in 2009
For more information, including speakers, exhibitors, program and online bookings visit the expo website: http://www.unlockthepast.com.au/AustralianExpo2016
About Professor Philip Payton - leading international authority on Cornish history, the Cornish in Australia, Cornish emigration and Australia during the First World War.
- Professor of History, Flinders University
- Adjunct Professor, National Centre for Australian Studies, Monash University
- Hon. Fellow (FAHA) Australian Academy of the Humanities
- Emeritus Professor of Cornish & Australian Studies, University of Exeter
- former Commander, Royal Navy (for 12 years)
- author of numerous books on
- the Cornish - internationally with some specific to Australia
- Australia in the Great War
- other historical topics
- frequent lecturer at conferences, cruises and other events
About Dr Tom Lewis, OAM - Darwin based military historian, author, editor, speaker
- consultant military historian
- former naval officer
- author of 13 books, many on northern Australian history in WWII
- led two military museums to new success
- Royal Australian Naval College Historical Collection in Jervis Bay
- Darwin Military Museum, where he was Director for five years
- in popular demand on radio and TV, appearing in several documentaries
- Military Historian on The Territory Remembers 2017, commemorating 75 years since the first attack
- on Darwin
- awarded the OAM in 2003 - and other service decorations
About Unlock the Past
Our parent company Gould Genealogy commenced 40 years ago. Unlock the Past started in 2009 and Is
a specialist genealogy publisher, currently with
o over 70 guide books in both print and ebook editions – covering Australia, international and miscellaneous topics
o 28 authors from Australia, New Zealand, the US, the UK and Scotland
o licenced international printers/distributors in the UK and north America a special/major events organiser - nearly 100 events since 2010, including
o 8 expos in 4 states
o 13 history & genealogy cruises - from Australia, New Zealand and the UK
o Australia’s first ever national battlefield tour—to NT 2012
o numerous seminars & roadshows with leading national/international presenters
Contact: Alan Phillips, Unlock the Past, (08) 8263 2055 or 1300 526 069 (cost of a local call) email: ua.moc.tsapehtkcolnu|nala#ua.moc.tsapehtkcolnu|nala web: http://www.unlockthepast.com.au
This Calendar is sponsored by Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter.
This page was last updated 27 May 2016 14:06.